Group 17 - For Kawasaki® KFX® Power Wheels: Gate 5
In order to show what was changed throughout the wiki, we will outline the major changes that were made in each gate.
Finalization of Deliverables
Gate 1: Project Planning
- The group’s individual weaknesses were added - The group’s individual developmental skills were added
- The number of people that need to attend each meeting was added - How long each meeting will last was added - A point of contact was added
- The developmental profile was altered to include the intended impact on the consumer and citations - The energy profile was altered to include additional types of energy used (mechanical energy provided by human input) - Detail was added to the user interaction profile - The product alternative profile was made easier to understand and organized
- The grammar and inconsistency of the original wiki page was revised
Gate 2: Product Dissection
- Detail was added to the project management section that explains why our plan is working well
- The connection of the subsystem documentation was greatly altered, especially the section about subsystem implementation. The global, societal, economic, and environmental sections were given additional information. - The arrangement of subsystem section was altered to include why some subsystems cannot be adjacent.
- Questions were eliminated from the report and replaced with technically accurate statements.
Gate 3: Product Analysis
- Suggestions to improve report quality were added
- In the product analysis section (following table 1) we added additional information to each chosen component that was not present before. Under the ‘form’ section of each component in the analysis we went into further detail about the properties of the component. This includes any notable properties, its aesthetic purpose, color choice, type of surface finish, and detail about the component’s shape.
- We added how engineering analysis can be used to determine the axel geometry and material choice.
Gate 4: Product Explination
- More detail was added regarding the assembly versus the disassembly
- The methods and tools, and differences between assemblies, was added. This section was not present before.
- The professionalism of the design revision section was improved.