Group 22 - Tecumseh Engine
- MAE 277: Introduction to Mechanical Engineering Practice is a class designed to give students the opportunity to apply and understand The Mechanical Engineer field, introducing different components that come into place in a engineering project.
To Fully understand what engineering is about the class is divided into 29 groups each assign product to disassemble and assemble it once again. Using information learned from class each group needs to understand what goes on in the disassembling of a product, understating how it works and being able to document and provide a clear explanation of the process used to complete this project at the end.
Our group have taken the responsibility to disassemble a small Tecumseh lawn mower engine.
The Tecumseh 5hp Engine
Matthew Whitman, Darroch Moorhead:
The project consist on five gates which describes the process of dissection step by step.
Gate 1: Project Planning
- Main Article: Gate 1: Project Planning
Gate 2: Product Dissection
- Main Article: Gate 2: Product Dissection
Gate 3: Product Analysis
- Main Article: Gate 3: Product Analysis
Gate 4: Product Explanation
- Main Article: Gate 4: Product Description