Registering pointclouds in ROS with PCL for Robot_Lab_(Spring_2012)
find some data
The data I used is dataset 14 at http://kos.informatik.uni-osnabrueck.de/3Dscans/
My python script, publish_from_file.py, can be easily adjusted to read any similar format, wherein each line gives the coordinates for a point. PLY is another option; PLY pointclouds can be loaded and viewed in Meshlab.
I didn't write any code to read pcl files, but this is the format that the pointcloud library reads and writes, so if you found some pcl data and like c++ that would also work.
$ rosmake register_pointclouds $ roscore $ rosrun register_pointclouds register $
- can rosparams be set in a config file somewhere and auto-loaded?
- it seems the /map frame in rviz is different from the /map topic? because rviz can't find the /map frame even when the /map topic is being published.
rviz view controls
- regular click: rotate the view
- shift-click: move the view or focal point
- host click / scroll: zoom
create a map from log data and watch it on rviz
$ roscore $ rosparam set use_sim_time true $ rosrun rviz rviz # make sure map is checked and subscribed to topic /map $ rosrun gmapping slam_gmapping scan:=base_scan $ rosbag play ~/ros/gmap_tester.bag $ rosrun map_server map_saver
mapping from point clouds