From GICL Wiki
Revision as of 19:08, 2 May 2012 by Aeh84
robot notes for anna by anna
- can rosparams be set in a config file somewhere and auto-loaded?
- it seems the /map frame in rviz is different from the /map topic? because rviz can't find the /map frame even when the /map topic is being published.
rviz view controls
- left / regular mouse button: rotate the view
- middle button (how?): move the view or focal point
- host click / right click / scroll: zoom
create a map from log data and watch it on rviz
$ roscore $ rosparam set use_sim_time true $ rosrun gmapping slam_gmapping scan:=base_scan $ rosrun rviz rviz $ rosbag play ~/ros/gmap_tester.bag $ rosrun map_server map_saver
sample line from gmap_tester.bag
[RUNNING] Bag Time: 125.202523 Duration: 90.602523 / 1239670987.745222