Gate 3 - Product Analysis (Group 10)
These questions are the questions which we sought to answer for each of the eight parts in the Product Analysis.
- What function does the component perform?
- Does the component help to perform multiple functions?
- What flows are associated with the component?
- What environment does the component function in?
|\'\'\'Component Form (Geometry, Material, and Appearance)\'\'\'
- What is the general shape of the component?
- Does it have any notable properties (e.g. axis-symetric)?
- Is it primarily one, two, or three dimensional?
- How large is the component (L x W x H)?
- How is the component’s shape coupled to the function the component performs?
- What does the component (roughly) weigh?
- What material is the component made from?
- Did manufacturing decisions impact this?
- Is a specific material property needed for it to function?
- How did global, societal, economic, and environmental factors influence the decision?
- What are the aesthetic properties of the component?
- Does the component have an aesthetic purpose?
- What color is the component and why?
- What type of surface finish does the component have?
- Is this for functional or aesthetic reasons?||
- What manufacturing methods were used to make the part?
- What evidence supports this?
- Did material choice impact this decision?
- Did shape impact the method selected?
- How did global, societal, economic, and environmental factors influence the decision?||
- How complex is each component?
- Define a meaningful scale?
- How do the three categories above impact complexity?
- How complex are the interactions?
- How can you define a meaningful scale?||