THIS ASSIGNMENT IS NOT COMPLETE YET, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!
Assignment 3: "Where am I"
In this assignment, you will use the Roomba model robot to perform simultaneous location and mapping (SLAM). Your robot will be placed in a random location in the world, and needs to construct a map of the world. You may not use the
The configuration files are provided INSERT TARBALL LINK.
Inside there is a client skeleton files which you are welcome to use or not use. There is also a script to generate the .cfg file. Please not that it will place the robot in a different starting location each time. I will run this script before I test your robot, so you cannot assume that your robot will start in any particular location.
- You may not hard code turns or rely on anything particular to the provided map. If your robot were to run on a map with the landmarks in a different location it should still work.
If you are not sure about the above requirements, feel free to email the TA.
- Submit a tarball of your robot client code using Bb Vista. The tarball should contain a README file with any necessary build instructions or peculiarities of your program.
- If something does not work properly or is incomplete, you must say so in the README.
- Quality of dead-reckoning-based map.
- Quality of odometry-based map.