Group 32 - Honda IC Engine - 2
- Group Members:
- David Olson
- Rassell D'Silva Green
- Mike Pelino
- Priya Parajuli
- Bilal Mohideen
Before Disassembly Section
- Found in:
- Describe the purpose of the product and how it works (your understanding at this point).
- What types of energy are used and how are they transformed?
- How many components do you think the product is made of?
- How many different types of material are used in the product?
- Record each disassembly step, the tool used, the ease or difficulty involved.
- Record each component, material type, manufacturing process used for each component, model
or part number, and any other description necessary (color, texture, etc.).
- Record the function of each component.
- Record the number of components and the types of components encountered (e.g., fasteners,
support, housing, gearing, screws, etc.)
- Record why your group thinks each component was made out of its type of material.
- Record why your group thinks each component looks the way it does.
- Record a list of design changes/improvements your group thinks could be incorporated into the
product at the component level. What features would you change or eliminate to facilitate disassembly or assembly? Are there any parts that can be eliminated or combined?
- Select 3‐5 components that are assembled in sequence and develop 3‐D CAD diagrams of each
component and explain in detail how these components are to be assembled. Any CAD package can be used.