Group 13 - Honda Engine 1
For this project, Group 13 will be reverse engineering an internal combustion engine from a Honda CBR F2 by dis-assembly followed by reassembly. This process will be consisting of documentation of the systems, subsystems and the individual components within the four-stroke motor.
- Team 13 Contact Information:
- E-mail: MAE277Team13@gmail.com
- Group Members:
- Timothy Brady email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jonathan Berlad email: email@example.com
- Christopher Ayers email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ryan Nelson email: email@example.com
- Brandon Phillips email: firstname.lastname@example.org
During the duration of the Fall 2010 semester at the University of Buffalo, the MAE 277 Introduction to Mechanical Engineering Practices class was divided into groups and given a project to complete. The project consisted of a manufactured product that involved today's current engineering practices. Group 13 was given a Honda Engine from 1994, more specifically the CBR600 F2. The goal of the project was to research the way the product, in this case the engine, was made and the engineering and design considerations behind it. Followed by a
The Project Management portion of the project undertaken by Group 13 over the Fall 2010 semester addresses the issues dealing with the team itself and organization, planning and work that team 13 needed to execute during the duration of the project.
- - Contains a brief look at the work required, procedures and the projected schedule along with the issues and conflicts that were dealt with throughout the project.
The bulk of the project consisted of the Product Archaeology. This involved the research of the product, as well as the background of the product and its creation. The other portion contained a dissection and study of the components. This was followed by a reassembly.
- - Shows an overlook of the product, including profiles of its different aspects.
- - Contains a detailed log of the process and dissection pertaining to the Honda Engine, including a step by step procedure of the disassembling.
- - Contains a list of all the components of the Honda Engine, along with detailed information concerning them.
- - Contains a detailed log of the re-assembly pertaining to the Honda Engine.