Difference between revisions of "Gate4-14"
|Line 85:||Line 85:|
A mechanism used in the Vortex Pyragon Nerf gun is the ratchet mechanism
A mechanism used in the Vortex Pyragon Nerf gun is the ratchet mechanism used in the drum. The magazine has four different chambers that hold ten. The around and is spring-loaded. When reloading to access all chambers one pushes a spring-loaded lever ninety degree to lock it into the next gear and the lever springs back to be done again. Equations used in the design of the mechanism is Hooke’s law F=-kx, and PE=.5kx^2
Revision as of 02:47, 30 November 2012
- During reassembly of our product, our group was aware of the complexity of the drum due to the small components because of the trouble we had while dissecting our product.
- When dissecting our product, we measured the difficulty of each step by the time it took to take apart the object and the amount of observation needed to complete the step.
- The difficulties are arranged as follows:
- Easy: The components only needed to be screwed/put into place.
- Medium: The components were needed to be screwed/put into place, but were needed to be held at a certain position while being put into place.
- Hard: The components demanded a high amount of observation in order to understand how to take set the components back into place to allow the mechanisms to serve properly.
- Tools used during dissection:
- Screwdriver - standard Phillips head
- The difficulties are arranged as follows:
Cause for Corrosive Action
Getting to gate 4, our group has had some issues. We try to work together to overcome these issues so our grades will not be affected. The members that work well together have decided to get most of the gate done before the due date. We are no longer waiting until the last minute which is improving our grade since we have extra time to look over things or ask questions. We are getting together on a regular basis and we do not leave until we have finished what we wanted to get done or if we know what our responsibilities are to finish. Most of the group members communicate frequently about the projects to see what has been done and what else needs to be done. If a member will not have enough time to finish their part then another member will help them out. For example, one group member was struggling to finish the three design revisions so another came up with an idea and helped get it done on time.
- During the reassembly of our Nerf gun, we found that the assembly was practically the same as the dis-assembly. The only differences in the assembly were the complications with setting components in place to serve as a functioning mechanism and the necessity of compressing springs to place them in certain areas. We also found that the gun was most likely assembled by hand because of the importance of so many small plastic pieces being in place for the gun to function properly.
A mechanism used in the Vortex Pyragon Nerf gun is the ratchet mechanism used to in the trigger of the gun to switch between ammunition chambers of the drum. The magazine has four different chambers that each hold ten. The chambers move around an axis and each chamber is spring-loaded. When reloading to access all chambers one pushes a spring-loaded lever ninety degree to lock it into the next gear and the lever springs back to be done again. Equations used in the design of the mechanism is Hooke’s law F=-kx, and PE=.5kx^2
Battery Powered Motor
Add a battery powered motor to put energy into the spring instead of the hand operated cocking mechanism. This will make the gun easier to play with. Younger children and children with complications will be able to play with this nerf gun because it will only require them to pull the trigger to release the disc. There will no longer be a need for the outer cocking mechanism. This will be done inside the gun. The only thing the user will have to do now is turn on the battery by a switch. Once the switch is on, the gun will automatically reload and set the disc every time.
A design revision recommendation for the Vortex Pyragon Nerf gun that is simple and could increase appeal for consumers is to change the outer layout, or design of the Nerf gun. While utilizing the same internal components such as the coil, internal cocking mechanism, chamber, and trigger, changing the outside appearance of the gun would create a new market for this guns internal design, and a different look could open the market to different consumers. This design recommendation would address the concerns of societal and economical factors. By using the internal components over again in a different outer shell would increase the company’s profits. By using designs for components over again, eliminate the cost for designing new ones; this would concern the economic factor. By designing the outer shell smaller or larger would change the environment people use it in, and different designs could reach out to different consumers. This would concern societal factors based on considerations of people and society the gun is used in.
CO2 Powered Gun
To make the Nerf Gun faster and at different velocities the design revision of the coil and the cocking mechanism should be changed. By using a CO2 cartridge, air chambers would improve the Nerf gun. By using these new components to charge the spring would get rid of the need to manually charge spring, and the gun would be automatic; essentially like a paintball gun. This new revision will also provide the ability to give more or less velocity to the projectile disks. Provide the gun to be able to be played with in an indoor or outdoor environment. This would be a societal factor because it pertains to the impact on the people and society where the Nerf gun is used.