Difference between revisions of "Eagle Claw Fishing Reel"
|Line 96:||Line 96:|
Revision as of 13:10, 31 January 2008
Eagle Claw Fishing Reel
Questions for Analysis
1. What is the primary function of the device? How does it accomplish it?
The primary function of the devise is to wind fishing line and allow it to spool out. It accomplishes this by using the bail and spool in conjunction. The bail spins around the circumference of the spool there by winding the fishing line around the spool.
2. List possible user requirements for your product. Provide rationale for each requirement.
1) Smooth action: Comfort 2) Light weight: Heavy is tiring 3) Geared Up: works faster easier to maintain good speed when reeling in. 4) Strong: Reels get mild abuse when taken in and out of boats trucks and cars. 5) Corrosion resistance: water is a pervasive element when fishing. 6) Reliability: It must work when you want it to. 7) Compatibility: A reel is no good if it doesn’t fit on a fishing rod.
3. List possible engineering specifications. Which user requirement(s) do these correlate to?
1) Gear tolerances - Smooth action 2) Weight - Light weight 3) Gear ratio - Geared Up 4) Material properties – Strong Corrosion resistance 5) Vibration – Smooth action 6) Mean time between failures - Reliability 7) Percentage of fishing rods that fit the reel - Compatibility
Eagle Claw Fishing Reel Parts
Table 1: Lists the fishing reel's parts along with their function and material.
|Part #||Part Name||# Category||Function||Material||Picture|
|1||Handle||Input||Drives gearing system||Wood, composite, metal|
|2||Transmission Gear||Transmission||Converts rotation for oscillation and spinning mechanisms||Aluminum|
|3||Oscillating Gear||Transmission||Drives scotch yoke mechanism||Aluminum|
|4||Scotch yoke||Transmission||Drives oscillation shaft||Metal|
|5||Oscillation shaft||Transmission||Oscillates spool and drag cap assembly||Metal|
|6||Drag cap||Transmission||Sets resistance between shaft and spool to limit tension on line||Anodized Aluminum|
|7||Spool||Output||Moves up and down to evenly distribute line on spool||Aluminum|
|8||Helical gear||Transmission||Turns rotating motion of transmission gear 90 degrees for bail rotation||Metal|
|9||Housing||Transmission||Holds and supports all gear mechanisms||Plastic|
|10||Yoke Shaft||Support Element||Moves spindle up and down.||Metal|
|11||Clutch||Transmission||Stops spindle from rotating in on direction when engaged.||Metal|
|12||Drive Shaft||Motion Conversion/Support Element||Transfers energy from power wheel to spin spindle.||Metal|
|13||Scotch Yoke||Transmission||Converts angular energy from power wheel to move the spindle linearly.||Metal|
|14||Screws||Structural||Holds Parts Together||Metal|
|15||Mechanism Casing||Structural||Outer shell, protects mechanisms, attaches reel to rod.||Plastic|