Digital Archiving and Retrieval Tool server
Digital Archiving and Retrieval Tool Server
Developers: Thomas Pack, Martin Piecyk
Latest Release Version: 22.214.171.124
Latest Release Date: 10 April 2007
Operating System: Platform-Independent
License: BSD-style License
The Digital Archiving and Retrieval Tool (DART) server is an open-source back-end application designed to operate with the DART client. The current version is 126.96.36.199. The back-end is written using Java Servlets while employing the PostgreSQL database for user, project, and file information.
The DART server is designed to allowed users to manage their account in the system, administrate and handle projects, and efficiently and dynamically distribute files. With a user-friendly interface, users can navigate with ease and complete desired tasks effectively.
- Website and SOAP message interface
- Page-by-page security
- Three level user system: Super Admin, Admin, User
- Add/modify users information
- Add/modify projects
- Manage project admin, writable users, readable users
- Interaction with client software
- View projects and file association
- Download file sets
- Generate a public link for publishing file sets
- View server logs
- Archive to multiple resources for data redundancy
- Simple configuration file that is written in XML
- Modular storage resource system
GICL runs its a DART server at http://dart.cs.drexel.edu/DART/servlet for its own internal projects. To run your own archiving server, download the server distribution from the link above and follow the instructions located inside the zip file.
Website User Manual
The website user manual is available on this wiki page.
System Administrator Manual
The system administrator manual is available on this wiki page.