ArchiCAD library part
ArchiCAD library part is the basic item through which the CAD software ArchiCAD handles external dynamic content elements which are grouped into libraries. A library part is a file in a library.
A library part can be any file used by ArchiCAD for the following purposes:
- a file with GSM extension containing a model written in GDL or using 2D- or 3D binaries
- a background image for rendering
- an image for texture mapping for 3D and rendering
- a text file for listing
- a LightWorks material file (LWI)
- a DXF file
- a file of any type, which is registered by ArchiCAD or by an add-on as library part through Library Manager
Usually a library part refers to an object scripted in GDL.