Difference between revisions of "AN8"
Latest revision as of 15:03, 13 May 2009
Title(s): AN8 Anim8or
Version ID: 0.97
Date released: 2008-09-21
Creator(s): R. Steven Glanville
Contributor(s): R. Steven Glanville
- Previous Version(s):
- Syntax Format(s): None
- Family Format(s): None
Description: A .an8 file is stored as a text file and can be viewed and edited by a simple text editor such at Notepad. Files are free format much like those used by popular programming languages like C. At the text level they are similarly composed of scanner tokens such as identifiers, numbers, strings and punctutation. Tokens are organized into nested "chunks" that contain specific data used by each specific chunk. Chunks share a common format so that a parser can easily skip over unrecognized or unneeded data. The .an8 format is designed to be both forward and backward compatible to a large degree largely due to chunks.
History: The rationale behind the creation of this format is to allow for the generation of much richer and more complex Blitz3D scenes than is possible using established file formats - many of which do not support key features of Blitz3D, and all of which miss out on at least some features!warning.png"The rationale behind the creation of this format is to allow for the generation of much richer and more complex Blitz3D scenes than is possible using established file formats - many of which do not support key features of Blitz3D, and all of which miss out on at least some features!" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.
Example(s): Examples can be found on the Anim8or Tutorial site.
File Extensions: an8
- Native application(s): Anim8or
- Interoperable applications:
Magic numbers: None
Rights: Freeware Licence Unavailable
- Standardization: None
- Adoption: Extensive community
- Licensing and patent claims: Freeware
- Self-documentation: Unknown
- External dependencies: None
- Technical protection considerations: None
Typical use: 3D rendering
- Type: Text
- Raster data:
- Geometric representation:
- Implicit representation:
- Parametric representation:
- Contour sets:
- Multi-resolution models:
- Is Supported: Unknown
- Description: It looks like there is only one model representation available.
- Is Supported: Unknownwarning.png"Unknown" is not recognized as a Boolean (true/false) value.
- Description: Unable to locate documentation.
- Boundary representation
- Manifold surface boundary representations:
- Manifold volume boundary representations:
- Non-manifold boundary representations:
- Material transparency: